1901: establishment of Custers in Venray.
Until the 1960's, we operated mainly in the region, as a local steel and construction company.
1962: cooperation with Unicom from Weert.
This resulted in the development of the first truck aerial work platform. From that moment, Custers specialised further in the engineering, production and marketing of aerial work platforms.
1977: takeover by the English SGB-Group.
This in its turn became part of the Mowlem business concern. In the following years, the range was expanded with the Custers® articulated and telescopic trailer-lifts. We also acquired the European dealership of the American MEC® scissorlifts.
1980: start of development and production of aluminium scaffolding.
From this moment, this really took off. The number of clients expanded to cover the whole of Europe and even the Far East.
1995: management buyout.
Custers Hydraulica BV again came into private hands and now operates independently at home and abroad.
1999: opening of new business premises.
A brand new factory on the Smakterheide industrial estate in Venray. Here we still manufacture our aerial work platforms and aluminium scaffolding with the most modern production technology.
2011: ISO 9001 Certificate.
Because quality is priority for us, Custers Hydraulica considers this ISO certification as necessary for its development at home and abroad.